Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mid July ramble

OK, Microsoft backed down and the domains seem to have been returned to the control of No-IP. However, I ended up changing to a new dynamic domain from the guys there - who were pretty quick to offer domains which had not fallen foul of MS to their members.

Seems to be the way of the future though - our Government here in the UK are now rushing through - with cross party support! - a law to allow the UK to spy on our communications. Whilst I am not some radical terrorist or maniacal right wing (or left wing or whatever wing) bad guy, my emails, phone calls and even web browsing can be collected and spied on by the various branches of the UK (and USA of course) secret services.
Pretty scary isn't it? The Apologists will always say that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. But my view is that I object to my (non bad guy) interweb use being collated by these secret organisations.

Well, I am getting to the point where I shall pull the plug on the web here - I don't need it and my connection is so slow that any interference will bring it to a stop.

Dear Mr Cameron - Piss Off trying to spy on law abiding citizens. K Thx Bye

No comments: