Friday, August 30, 2013

Home Signal Update

OK, well I have been running the Home Signal box for a couple of days and thought I should report back on it.

Coverage around the house is good, rather than amazing - I get a decent signal all over,  but only 2 or 3 bars in the kitchen for example, rather than the full 5 bar signal I get in some areas.

When in a call, there is a noticeable lag - rather like the old satellite links on the TV in the 1990s... perhaps half a second or so.Acceptable though - much better than being unable to make a call at all!

Problems -

The box decided to go off for some reason one day - I had no signal and when I checked, it had gone offline. Unplugging and plugging it back in fixed that.
The other problem I have had was more strange. We were testing out something on my wifes phone (which is with O2) and I tried to ring her phone - I didn't hear any dialing noise as I would normally and didn't hear her answer. I couldn't hear any conversation either. I tried ringing my landline - and still no dialling noise or anything.

When I looked at the Home Signal, it had a quickly flashing green light - as if it was in use, even though it wasn't.  I used the reset button to attempt to sort things - and that worked fine. But this problem is a little worrying because to all intent the box was working and my phone had a good signal etc - but was useless and could not make or receive calls....

I shall be watching the box more carefully for a while to see if that was a one off or a genuine issue.

No comments: