Thursday, November 18, 2010

PCLOS update

Well, discovered after installing the 2010.7 version mentioned in the earlier post, that there was a newer version (2010.11) released last week.
I have now replaced the earlier version with this one - and the two big problems (the warning about the battery and the scroll using the button thing) are sorted.

Initial thoughts - I like the fact that the problems I had with the previous release are now sorted, not so keen on the theme/icons used in this version (although I can of course change those), still don't like Thunderbird as an email client (personal thing - I just don't like it at all, never have and Ubuntu defaulted to Evolution, which is also not great, but better than TBird IMHO)

So, apart from a load of hassle setting up my email all over again, the things I mentioned above and the overall "greyness" of TBird and Firefox in this release, I am quite enjoying the change. As I mentioned last time, similar to my days with Yoper - I might even volunteer to do a few packages at some point, depending on time/health issues.

No comments: